Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Happy Spring! Blessings from a Spring Birthday!

Yesterday was the first day of spring and it was my birthday.  I love to celebrate birthdays and I certainly love to celebrate spring.  I was not sure of how my birthday was going to be since our LL has been causing us some great stress with the constant threats (see March 19, 2011 post).  But I told my husband that we were going to have a 24 hour ban of LL talking.

At 12:02 am on March 20th, my son who is at UNC Charlotte sent the first text of my birthday wishing me a Happy Birthday.  What a wonderful boy!  I picked up my birthday gift from the boys and Mike on Wednesday, A KINDLE!!!! So, I already had my birthday present.  My younger son came out of his room (YEAH!!!) and said Happy Birthday Mom, you get a birthday hug!!!  I have two wonderful boys.  Mike was in charge of my birthday dinner, we had steak (medium-rare for me!), baked potato, cole slaw, baked beans, garlic bread and instead of birthday cake, fresh strawberries and ice cream.

The birthday card my husband was going to get me is a refurbished table I found that he and I painted and decorated with mosaics.  Now that will last much longer than a card!! It will always be on display.

I found myself smiling and counting myself very lucky throughout the day.  I felt loved by my husband and my boys.  They may not realize just how much their actions and words meant to me, but it was one of the best birthdays I can remember.  It was not because of expensive dinners and gifts.  It was because of a disgusting table and chair set I got for free and a hug and a text message.  It was the love they showed to me out of the willingness of their own hearts.

May you feel the love and joy of this spring season.

Taking Care of the Written Word,
Dannielyn

No comments:

Post a Comment