Monday, October 3, 2011

Cold Weather, Lacrosse, Teenagers and Malted Cocoa from Tastefully Simple

Malted Cocoa Mix MiniIt was cold yesterday. I mean cold for October 2 in North Carolina. It was in the upper 50's when my youngest son decided to head off to the Lacrosse field and practice with some friends. By the time he got home it was 50 degrees outside and he had red cheeks from the cold and practice. He asked if I had any Oh My Chai! but I didn't. Have to get some real soon, it is time for Chai. But I did have some Malted Cocoa mix that I whipped up for him. It tastes like a Malted milkshake warmed up.

These are the things that memories are made from, moments of mom's making cocoa for a son coming in from playing outside. I know the times available for these such moments are limited. You see, he is in his junior year of high school and then he too will be off to college. I would love for him to remember the times I did special things for him when he was young and while he was in high school. I would love to have him remember fondly these special things when he begins to have his own family. Much like I have of my family.

Isn't it funny how much we remember and do in our own lives what we experienced when we were growing up. I loved hot cocoa and fall days as much as hot cocoa and winter days. When I handed the mug of steaming hot cocoa last night to Andrew, he took a huge whiff of the cocoa and smiled. He said thank you three times for that cocoa smiling at me. That is a memory that I will always cherish.

You know I am a Tastefully Simple consultant, so I write about some of the products I love and would love to introduce you to and have you try. But there is more than just that. I want you to experience the memories these products can stimulate in your home. It is well known that many memories we have are surrounded by food. It is no surprise that Tastefully Simple can and does bring special memories to your family meals, snacks, and cold weather related activities.

Taking care of the written word,
Dannielyn

No comments:

Post a Comment