Thursday, June 14, 2012

Virtual Writing Lab

http://virtualwritinglab.com/This site is about to go live and I am so excited. Check it out and you will see why! I have been assisting students edit their papers for a few years now. I have worked with students who speak languages other than English as their first language. Their writing style is disjointed and does not flow properly and I have been able to edit papers for high school, university, masters, and doctorate level students. I recently edited and formatted a journal article for doctor from Egypt for an Egyptian medical journal. I loved to be able to hear back from the clients and find out that their work was accepted for publication and appreciated the work that I did to prepare the work for publication. I helped a military social worker write a grant for community health services for PTSD, TBI, and military family support services, a worthy cause that needs to provide the after care to the men, women, and children who are in the military.

I have to admit that one area of this 'assistance' that bothers me the most is the need for students in the United States from the United States having so many issues with writing a proper paper. I am not stating that the education system is failing our students, because I know that some students are not 'writers' but excel in another area of academics. I believe that if we can assist the students in editing the papers they will begin to recognize the value of the written word.

http://virtualwritinglab.com/

Taking care of the written word,
Dannielyn

No comments:

Post a Comment