Saturday, July 10, 2010

I changed the landscape of my home with glue dots

I love to do scrap-booking, crafts, sewing and other great craft ideas. My teenage boys will occasionally humor me and spend time scrap-booking or helping me do some type of craft project for homecoming dances.  Last fall we made a dragon for homecoming dance decorations.  So when I was looking at something to do with the boys (15 and 18) with the glue dots.  

We made some cards for the youngest son's friend who was having a birthday real soon.  That was a lot of fun.  My oldest and I spent some time making some thank you notes with the glue dots that really looked good.  My husband used the glue dots to keep the satellite dish box sitting on the top of the television.  But what I am most proud about is the quick change I was able to make in my dining room with the glue dots.  

The dining room windows have a wonderful view of outside that I had to cover with blinds.  So I was getting the house ready for company and thought I needed to do something different so that the sun won't be causing my guests to be blinded and sweating.  The blinds that are on the window are soooo boring.  

I had a tablecloth that I did not use of a celery green and picked up two inexpensive panels.  I had some grape vines and grapes that would look good on top of the window and added it all together.  Before I made a commitment to getting the rods and end pieces I wanted to see if it would cause my beautiful view to be permanently obstructed.  So I decided to use the removable glue dots to hold the "elements" of the window treatment up.  I had my boys help me hold them up and press on the glue dots while I worked on the next section. And well, here it is.  
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Glue Dots blogging contest to be eligible to receive a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” 

Taking Care of the Written Word, 
dannielyn

No comments:

Post a Comment