Monday, May 17, 2010

Dieting vs Fat Loss

I will be adding to this site a page on fat loss. I am overweight. I have been for a while and there really is no point to hide the fact as it is obvious for anyone who looks at me, I am fat. Well, I decided to bring the issue under control and for a month now I have been working very diligently on this matter. I have lost about 10 pounds and my belly has gone down a considerable amount. Now, let's be honest, I still have a lot to lose, my belly has a lot more to go before it is little or even flat. I am not delusional about my success, I have a long way to go still. But I have been able to see some great changes and have felt quite a bit better since I have been on this dieting plan.

I promised to continue my updates on my fat loss and while being busy doing other things, I have been a little lax on my updates. But, I have been going on about the eating plan and I have been quite excited about the results as I said.

Last Friday I had an appointment with a new doctor. I made this appointment about nine months ago. I had blood work done in December 2009 in order to obtain a renewal on a prescription. Well at Friday's appointment I had my blood work tested once again so the new doctor would be able to see where I currently at. I had been on the eating program for three weeks. The results of the tests are absolutely amazing.

Now, I could tell you that I was impressed with the results and leave the actual numbers out of the mix; but that would not fully demonstrate the impact this diet plan has had on my blood work. I say blood work, but to be honest, IT HAS HAD AN INCREDIBLE IMPACT ON MY BODY!

I will let you know the numbers, however, I must say that I am embarrassed that my numbers were so out of hand to begin. So overlook the hideous starting numbers and focus only on the improvements that were made.

My total cholesterol was 234 and now is 183.

My triglycerides was 394 and now is 298.

My HDL was 33 and now is 34 (this is the good and should be higher).

My fasting blood sugar was 118 and now is 114.

There is a correlation between blood sugar and triglycerides. The higher your blood sugar the higher your triglycerides and the higher the amount of triglycerides the higher your blood sugar. So while the blood sugar is still high it will continue to go down as I am able to burn off the fat in my body which is the triglycerides. It all goes hand in hand in your body.

Here is an important fact to consider when you look at the numbers; I am not taking any medication for blood sugar or cholesterol. This has been simply the food plan.

I have been working on a fat loss book that has been based on what I have been doing and how it has been working. These numbers supports the need for this information to get out to others who are suffering from fat, cholesterol, blood sugar and other medical issues related to fat. I will keep you posted on the progress of the book.

Taking care of the written word,

Dannielyn

No comments:

Post a Comment