Sunday, February 15, 2009

Remembered In a Small Town Diner

One of our families favorite places to eat is Carolina Diner. It is a small diner with awesome food. Our family has been a frequent visitor for quite some time and we love it. The wait staff hasn't changed much since we started going, except for adding new wait staff. We recognize them and from what we found out today, they recognize us.

The waitress asked us where our youngest son was. The fact she remember us and the little guy who wasn't present tickled us. It is a great feeling when we are remembered. It is a great feeling when we are missed.

I have wondered in the past what impact I have made on others in my community and I have contact with on a regular or semi-regular basis. I have to wonder, how many times have I made a negative impact on others.

What does that say about me and my testimony if it was negative? How can I be sure that when I am remembered in a small town diner or anywhere the result is positive?

It requires me to make certain my testimony is Christ like. That I remember the words in the bible as more than just written words, but living words. Words to be lived through me and by me. The bible is a living instruction manual, teaching me what I need to know to live my life as Christ life as possible.

Will I ever be perfect? No, there will be times when I leave a not-so-good impression on those around me. But it is great to know that I can go to my Father and ask him to forgive me for those sins. I can go to my Father and ask him to teach me again what I need to know. I need to be willing to open my heart and my mind to his words. I need to be willing to change those behaviors that leave a negative impression on others. I need to, but sadly, I don't always do.

I want to be remembered by the wait staff at a small town diner in a positive manner. I want to be remembered as a Lady of Proverbs 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment