Saturday, February 7, 2009

Deep Cleaning

This morning, I did some deep cleaning around the house. I saw evidence that our poor little house needed it. I looked at the ceiling fan blades and couldn't believe how furry they were. I looked at the dining room table and buffet and there was no shine, it needed to be polished. It made me think of my own relationship with God.

I dust my house almost every week. Sometimes more than once a week, sadly sometimes less than I should. Very much like the relationship I have with God. Sometimes I have one more than a few times a week, most of the time much less.

It isn't really just the day to day bible reading, the praying, the bible study lessons that I need to do. It has a lot to do with the day by day or the minute by minute relationship with God. It is the depth of the relationship with God.

The depth is the faith that I can submit myself to Him and rest in the fact that the love He has for me is more than sufficient. Again it is the will or the won't coming back into play.

I need to remember that I need to submit daily in a new and deeper manner than the day before. If I keep building on the depth of my submission, I may be a fraction of where I need to be.

God wants us to have a deeper relationship with Him. He wants us to have a relationship with Him that compels us to want it deeper still.

Spring cleaning is not enough. We need to do deep cleaning every day of every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment