Friday, May 29, 2009

A Child's Success, A Parents Pride

How much do we have to do with our child's success in life? I mean we teach them to do many different things, we teach them right from wrong, we teach them to read and we teach them to cook, clean and work with money. We teach them responsibility, accountability, and we teach them to be nice. But how much do we have to do with our child's success in life?

Our children have to find their own way in life but as we instruct them to be a certain way, do they follow that way?

I began their school careers telling them that they needed to set aside time to study each day and find a great learning environment in which to study. They currently don't have those study habits. They do have very good grades, are very intelligent, but their success isn't because I enforced the rules of when and where to study. Their success in school is because I set the groundwork and I let them (to some extent) feel the responsibility of their choices.

I know for certain that I can not take credit for their success, I can only say that I have tried to do all that I can do. It is ultimately up to them to take what was given to them and make something of their lives.

I feel comfortable with this as I know this is how things are suppose to be done. How? This is how God has done it with me. He has taken many different routes to share with me what I need to know and what I need to be doing. It is up to me to bring into fruition what God wants me to do, what I am suppose to do, or what needs to be done.

It is up to me to accept responsibility for what I do with the information and whether or not I am able to follow through with what God wants me to do. Have you? Have you accepted responsibility for what you do? Have you accepted responsibility for what we need to do with the information that God has given to us? If not, when?

Struggling to become a Lady of Proverbs 31
Dannett

No comments:

Post a Comment