Friday, March 20, 2009

Turning 40

I am 40 years old today. I am surprisingly ok with this birthday. I am not afraid of grey hair. I have had grey hair since I was 20 years old. I am not afraid of aches and pains of old age, I have had those since I was pregnant with my first son. I have had so many "itis's" during the years and am in pain every day in varying degrees it is hard to imagine life with out it. I am not afraid of my children growing up and moving on, they are in the midst of their teenage years and it is inevitable that they will move on. I am 40 years old today. I am surprisingly ok with this birthday.

I have been asked if I am ok with turning 40, I have been asked if I feel any different today. No, I woke up today feeling the same as I did yesterday. I have never minded having birthdays. My birthday is the first day of spring. A time of new beginnings, hope, fresh starts and well beauty. My birthday is a celebration of these special themes.

I have been excited about my birthdays all along and will always be excited about birthday I suppose. The only thing that will get me less excited about my birthdays is my death. No, I am not being morbid. I am looking forward to a time when I know I won't have anymore birthdays. Why, because I know where I will be. I am excited to know.

As a birthday gift to you, I have to wonder if you know where you will be when you no longer celebrate a birthday. I know, I will be in heaven with my heavenly father. I will have a great time in heaven celebrating eternal life. Will you?

Happy Birthday! You can make this your birthday too. The first day of Spring can be your first day of your new life in Christ. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment