Monday, June 15, 2009

A New Member of the Family

How do you know when it is time to bring in a new member of the family? I am not talking about a pet, an in-law, or a friend of the boys. I am talking about the need to bring into your family a 16 year old girl that has very few choices in life. It is a sad situation, but at least she feels she has a home here when she needs it.

Can you believe a 16 year old needing a home when her parents won't be parents to her, when she doesn't feel safe at her grandmothers home and when she has no one else to take her in.

My son and I want to scream at her to let us take care of her, but she won't hear our calm and loving voices. I am so brokenhearted by this situation and I don't know what to do other than be an open door for her.

She is a new member of our family, only thing is, she hasn't realized it yet.

Struggling to be a lady of Proverbs 31,
Dannett

No comments:

Post a Comment