Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Real Crazy Real Housewives of New Jersey

I have to admit to my obsession with the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Thankfully, there is only one more episode for the fourth season, part 3 of the reunion. This season has been out of control in how certain characters on the show have acted and the behavior is only getting worse in the reunion episodes. I really have strong concerns about the mental health of Teresa Guidice and those fans of hers that will blindly accept any thing she does as worthy of praise. I have said it before and I will say it again, the lady has real mental health issues that will not go away once the cameras stop filming as the problems are still present. Her problems are simply highlighted by the filming  but from different accounts have been there for years.

I can empathize with the other women on the show who have had enough of the lies, betrayal, anger, revenge, and other immature behavior from Teresa. Living with or dealing with a person with mental health issues is exhausting. These women have tried to ignore, address, and express concern about her behaviors and the only thing that appears left to try is screaming at her endlessly. It is a rather fruitless effort as Teresa needs to crash or receive help. It appears Teresa is headed for that crash and I do not think Bravo will be there to help her out of the crash.

It really is sad when someone is not aware of their mental health issues and they think what they are doing is acceptable, normal, or justifiable. Only those on the outside looking in can see just how ridiculous that belief is. The person involved in the horrific behavior cannot see just how strange, abnormal, and dangerous their behavior is, not to the person or persons it is directed too, but to their own lives and loved ones. I have experienced this first hand this past year and as it escalated in severity I listed to the fight or flight battle in my brain and decided to take flight and move from the situation. I live surrounded by neighbors that are 'normal' and do not act upon every crazy notion that enters their minds.

I really believe that is why the RHONJ series has been watched by so many who are disgusted at what they are seeing but are unable to turn the channel or stop thinking about what they just witnessed. A part of us (society) wants to see just how bad the 'crazy' will get before the person gets help. It is as if there is an accident on the side of the road and as much as we tell ourselves we will not look, we just can't help it. I know that I want to see what the 'event' is that causes Teresa to seek some help for her issues. I personally do not like Teresa but I do so hope that she receives the help she desperately needs.

I also hope that her 'fans' who have decided to be team Teresa or Team Trash Everyone else takes a close look at how they call the other ladies names, demean them, and attack every thing they do as if they are the worst person in the world. I have to wonder about how their family and friends stack up and are treated by these 'fans' who would treat strangers this way.

I guess the real crazy is all of us who have not demanded society to take a look at the mental health problems and what we are doing or not doing to address these very important issues.

Now that is something to consider.

Taking care of the written word,
dannielyn


No comments:

Post a Comment