Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's Tough Being a Woman Study

I am attending a Beth Moore study on Esther at my church. One of the main themes Beth speaks about is "It's tough being a woman". She gives a different reason why it is tough each lesson; today was about meanness. MEAN GIRLS!

Sadly, I spent time during her introduction to week three, thinking about the mean girls that I have had an experience or two with even just recently. It really was sad to think of the particular women and their "meanness". The hardest part for me was really when I think about where I met them and what we were doing when this meanness took place. We were involved with our church and our women's ministry.

That most likely has a wow factor for some, but it really isn't that surprising to me. I can't tell you how many times I have been hurt severely from a Christian man or woman. If I was doing something sinful, I would deserve to be called out on this; but the meanness came from non-sinful issues.

I think that is what is the hardest for me to accept. I find it difficult to accept that the meanness came towards me because I was trying and doing what I felt I was being led to do by God. The meanness brought into me a desire to turn from them and seek a group of women who truly desire to be, and do what God desires of her to do.

The pain I felt by losing the friendships was hard. I lost the friendships because of gossip and rumors. The gossip was the worse part of it all. The women didn't want to find out the truth. If they had, they would have to look into their own hearts and see what the truth was in them.

I pray that God will always instill in me a desire to follow His will despite the pain of losing friends and feeling alone. I want to be content in Christ and not worry about what meanness may come. I want to be able to take that chance in Christ and be content with whatever is His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment