Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What to do with extra garden bounty

I ran into a complete stranger last night at a local grocery store that was telling me of her problems with having too much abundance in her garden. The weather has been perfect and her veggies were coming in full force. She told me of a bunch of recipes she made with the veggies and is getting a little tired of some of them. It made me think of some of the local agencies that work with the poor, hungry, and homeless here in Henderson County. I volunteered at one that received a bunch of fresh veggies from local gardeners and the families who received the veggies really appreciated it. So, if you have extra veggies where ever you live, consider giving the extra bounty to your local food bank, homeless shelter, domestic violence shelter, or other agencies such as these. They will love your donation and you will give much needed nutrition to those most vulnerable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment