Thursday, June 28, 2012

John and Lisa T--Your last chance to stop your harrassment before legal action is taken against you


North Carolina

Last updated: September 4, 2011
S 14-196.3
Cyberstalking
  1. The following definitions apply in this section:
    1. Electronic communication. - Any transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature, transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, computer, electromagnetic, photoelectric, or photo-optical system.
    2. Electronic mail. - The transmission of information or communication by the use of the Internet, a computer, a facsimile machine, a pager, a cellular telephone, a video recorder, or other electronic means sent to a person identified by a unique address or address number and received by that person.
  2. It is unlawful for a person to:
    1. Use in electronic mail or electronic communication any words or language threatening to inflict bodily harm to any person or to that person's child, sibling, spouse, or dependent, or physical injury to the property of any person, or for the purpose of extorting money or other things of value from any person.
    2. Electronically mail or electronically communicate to another repeatedly, whether or not conversation ensues, for the purpose of abusing, annoying, threatening, terrifying, harassing, or embarrassing any person.
    3. Electronically mail or electronically communicate to another and to knowingly make any false statement concerning death, injury, illness, disfigurement, indecent conduct, or criminal conduct of the person electronically mailed or of any member of the person's family or household with the intent to abuse, annoy, threaten, terrify, harass, or embarrass.
    4. Knowingly permit an electronic communication device under the person's control to be used for any purpose prohibited by this section.
  3. Any offense under this section committed by the use of electronic mail or electronic communication may be deemed to have been committed where the electronic mail or electronic communication was originally sent, originally received in this State, or first viewed by any person in this State.
  4. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.
  5. This section does not apply to any peaceable, nonviolent, or nonthreatening activity intended to express political views or to provide lawful information to others. This section shall not be construed to impair any constitutionally protected activity, including speech, protest, or assembly. (2000-125, s. 1; 2000-140, s. 91.)
To whatever name you go by:  John Taylor, Lisa Taylor, JT, ME (idareyoutopostmynameb.....net), You Know Who You B...., or anonymous (the name doesn't matter when the IP address shows they all come from the same source(s). 

You immediately cease your attacks on me via the internet or I will seek a protective order and a warrant for your arrest under the code listed above. I have had enough and I will no longer tolerate your harassing behavior and will seek any and all legal avenues available to me to force you to stop the cyberstalking and cyberharassment. This includes notifying the North Carolina Health Care Worker Registry with a complaint.

This is a fair warning. If you send another comment, post anything on the internet about me or attempt ANY contact with me or my family, I will go to the magistrate (open 24 hours seven days a week) and seek a warrant for arrest. I have already contacted them to find out what 'evidence' I need and I spent the day gathering and organizing it to present to the magistrate for the warrant of arrest and the district court judge for the protective order. I have the paper work already filled out and ready to hand in for the protective order. 

John as a health care worker, I would be concerned that the comments you made with identifying components as to your identity and to your wife's identity would put your job in jeopardy. The health care industry does not look kindly on their employees exhibiting uncontrolled anger, rage, and abusive behavior, especially when it is a criminal act. 


The only 'feud' that is happening is in your own mind. I am not nor have I been 'feuding' with you.  You have written horrific, angry, and vulgar slurs against me and my husband because my husband and I do not like you or your wife. Here is the sad truth, John, we didn't have to like you to live next to you. But, just so we are clear, it all started when you were standing in our yard, by our porch, in front of our windows numerous times. That is creepy behavior no matter how one tries to justify it. We chose to move from the situation that grew from your harassing and intimidating behavior. Since you are no longer physically able to use passive/aggressive measures to 'harass' us you have moved on to electronic harassment. It is time to come to a realization that your anger filled words written to me with the intent to abuse, annoy, threaten, terrify, harass, or embarrass is only going to harm you and your wife. 

When you are arrested and unable to work as a health care worker because of your cyberharrassment towards me, it will be you and your wife that ultimately suffers. You will not likely be eligible for unemployment if you are fired as a health care worker due to a criminal record for harassment. You will not be able to work in the health care field with this on your record. You stated you have been 'saving lives' for 15 years, what will you do when you can no longer work in this field?

We stated in the letter to you dated April 28 if the 'stuff' continued we would be moving out. The landlords were made aware of the letter by YOU. They were aware that we were not happy with what we were living through because of you since April 29th. 

We gave them a 30 day notice and told them that we would be out by the 15th of the month but had an opportunity to be out by the 7th of the month.  That gave them extra time to fix the issues that were in part the reason we moved out before a new person moved in. Instead, we find out the landlords were spending their time rather unproductively calling and speaking to people about the personal business matter between us and them. Just so the record is straight, we were not evicted. Even though we sent the letter in the mail on June1st, they did not go to their mailbox until June 6th. We spoke to them on the phone that day and in person that night. We moved the next day. They did not seek an eviction nor had any reason to seek an eviction. We followed the letter of the law of our lease they prepared for us. As to any claim that they did not have two months notice, they did. You gave them that when you gave them the letter dated April 28th. Did we stay for the full two months? No, we got out of that house the earliest we could.


Will your current landlord be happy to find out that the reason we moved out so quickly is due in part by the condition of the house and the majority of it was your 'creepy' and harassing behavior. Yes, they too will find out about your behavior towards us if you continue to send cyberharassment comments to me. I will be more than happy to not only send them to your landlord but post them publicly on my blog. Then every month they cannot rent the property they can 'blame' you for driving their last tenant out. 

What you are not privy too John, is the written and voice mail communications we have with the landlords regarding the truth of our 30 day notice of intent to move out. If you think your assumptions of fact based on their misrepresentation of the facts to a third party by our former landlord is valid for what you're slandering in your electronic communications, you are sadly mistaken. All that does is put the landlord at risk for poor publicity as landlords, community members, firefighter, and local business owners. So, I guess I was wrong in stating that you and your wife ultimately suffers. The landlords will suffer as well due to you forcing us to leave with your harassment, in addition to their lack of upkeep and no/poor response to leaking roofs causing mold to grow in several rooms of our house. The house was unbearable to live in because of you, your wife, and the lack of taking care of critical issues affecting our abilities to live in a house in which we payed rent.  

While this is more than I really wanted to share with you, I thought letting you in on a few facts might help control your need to spew slander that will hurt you and your landlords reputation. I gave you ample opportunity to stop and even warned you that you were harming you, your wife, and your landlord by continuing this cyberharassment. But the question that comes up all the time is how does Lisa feel about all the time you spent cyberstalking, cyberharassing, and obsessing about me? Shouldn't your wife be the only woman you spend that much time obsessing about? 

Taking care of the written word, 
dannielyn

3 comments:

  1. Dannielyn,

    You go girl! Do not let anyone intimidate or harass you online! I am writing anonymously as I do not want to suffer the wrath of your crazy former neighbor. But I have shared this with my sphere of influence (GO SOCIAL MEDIA!). I want everyone to know that there are many ways to stop bullies from harassing us on our blogs, twitter,facebook and all that stuff! Yes, there is a freedom of speech in the United States but there is a fine line between freedom of speech and harassment. I can only assume he crossed that line pretty badly if you won't even post the comments.

    I know I would have posted the comments and let the whole world know of his unique brand of crazy! I would have let everyone know not to live near him, work with him, or be friends with him as he is CRAZY!

    Any chance you will show us the comments anyways? I would love to see it, but I totally understand why you won't share with the world his craziness as it only gives him a sense of power. And it appears that is the only 'Sense' he has. Why in the world would anyone write hate filled speech after what the courts have begun coming down hard on about cyber hate (kinda keeps all the different terms in the same category). I mean that college kid who posted stuff about his gay roommate was found guilty. Public response by those who suffered from cyber hate agreed that all instances of cyber hate should be treated as harshly. Too bad in NC you guys can only get class 2 misdemeanor and nothing more serious.

    Anyways, you are my hero for telling this guy how things will be if he continues. I hope you update us on whether he found some smarts and stopped the cyber hate or if not what you did to him as a result of his cyber hate.

    Good luck,
    Not as brave as you to post my name here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey anonymous one, I am going to be anonymous two because I too refuse to leave my real info in case this freaky guy decides to try to bully me like he did Danielyn.

    Danielyn, got to wonder like the everyone else what he said to you. I am sure it was bad, but my question is what does he think he is that he would stalk and vomit hate to anyone let a lone on a blog of someone who moved away from HIM!!!!

    While I hope he learns his leasson and does not bully you, I also hope he contacts you again so you can press charges against him, cause him to lose his job, not get unemployment and have to move as he was the cause of you moving from your home!No one should cause another person to be fearful or uncomfortable in their own home. I know you keep your blog 'cuss' free, but I have a whole bunch of words I would love to use right now that are not cuss free. But I guess that the difference between me and the type of person who would attack someone on their blog because of something they wrote without any details that would identify them! Why on earth would they then identify themselves in a blog post by details they include. Do they really want the entire world to have access to their anger, stupidity, and nastiness? I have to wonder if he suffers from a mental illness. He would have to to think that anyone just sit back and take this kind of poo from anyone. I mean just listen or read the news once in a while and you find out that this behavior is against the law.

    I am glad you posted what you did. I have a friend who has a neighbor that constantly pulls stuff on her thinking he is so much better than she is. I told her to read your blog to get some confidence that she did not have to put up wiht his stuff anymore. She called her landlord and told him that she was being bothered (she lives in one of four connected townhouses in Illinois and they all have the same landlord. The landlord told him that he received complaints from another neighbor and will be discussing the 'neighbors' options with him very soon. he has two options, stop the 'stuff' or move.

    So what am I saying here. THanks, even though you are 'suffering' through some stuff, you telling others about the need to move when the landlord and the neighbors make the 'house unlivable' instead of paying rent to live in this type of 'stuff' gather up the courage and money to move to a new home where you can live well. You havce to keep writing on your blog the truth many of us live with as well as you. I mean, if you live through somehting bad and tell me and I can live better because of it and i tell someone about how it helped me and it helps then, the isn't this what twitter, facebook, and blogs are suppose to do better others not try to destroy others.

    Anyways, keep writing because I will keep sharing with others your posts.

    anonymous two

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't write or comment on blogs very often. I am today because this is a scary subject. Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment, neighbors, and criminal activity. I did not know it was a crime yet to do this type of stuff on the internet. I looked up my state and found that they have the almost the same wording as what you posted there. I am always careful about what I post online and like you said on another post, if I write, I take responsibility for it. But when someone thinks they can write mean things to me just because the found some kind of online connection it scares me to think that there may be a neighbor of mine doing the cyberharassment and move one to physical harassment due to the close location.

    I have to believe that if it was someone who had no way of actually knowing you or running into you in the city where you live it would be easy to delete the comments and just go on with life. But the fear has to be there, when you used to live next to the person who is writing bad stuff.

    I put a notice on my blog that stays on there permanately on the front page of my blog 'any comments that fall under the statute in my state (I put a link there for them to look at) will result in me pursuing legal action'. I contacted a computer/IT company in my city asking if they could track IP addresses in the event something happens to me like what happened to you and they would do it for a nominal fee. I put on the blog statement about the ability to track IP addresses and will assist in my pursuit of the writers of these types of comments. I then closed it out saying that I welcome all constructive comments (both pro and con) for anything I write, but will not allow abusive and profanity laden comments.

    The computer/IT company asked for a link to your blog and read your posts and stated that they may begin to advertise their services for bloggers, tweeters, and all that who receive the type of comments you referenced. With the laws on the books in many if not all states, the IT company thinks they may have a new customer base.

    Dannielyn, do not stop writing your blog. I cannot tell you how nice it is to find someone willing to state their life is not all sugar and roses but instead of complaining about the problem and leaving it like that, you will actually help others by giving them ideas of what to do to get out of the funk and that is valuable. I am warning off potential 'abusers' on my site and a computer/IT company is gaining a new customer base because of your real life experiences.

    Thank you
    Obviously I plan to remain anonymous, but I read your blog post regularly!

    ReplyDelete